beautiful life

Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Famous Place to Trip

Traveling gives people pleasure, enjoyment, and good experience.
My family enjoys traveling. We often travel famous place.
I thought one of them is Mount Rushmore, so we went there two years ago.
It is in Rapid City, South Dakota. Mount Rushmore is a memorial that symbolizes America, so I really wanted to see it. President Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt and Lincoln’s faces were on the black hill. These four presidents represent America’s freedom and democracy.
I thought it was going to be really huge Mount Rushmore, but I was disappointed that it was not big. Mount Rushmore looks like three stories for building for size. However, I was glad that I saw one of the famous places.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger John said...

    It has been a long time since I visited Mount Rushmore, and you are right that it isn't as big as one would expect. Still, it is something special at least for Americans. If you ever see a movie, "North by Northwest", you will see how Mount Rushmore plays a role in the movie. The movie is old, but it is a good one. I hope you can share other places you and your family have visited. Some of your classmates have visited some interesting places too.

     
  • At 1:16 PM , Blogger RamaSraddha said...

    I never visited Mount Rushmore, but I hear it before, same as you expecting as big as they describe it. But I guess after I hear is not that big, I lost interest. But you know what, why not go and check for my self.
    What you recomend me?

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Nancy A. McKeand said...

    I have never been to South Dakota. Mount Rushmore has always sounded like an interesting place to visit, but - so far at least - I haven't seen it except in the movies. It sounds like you had a wonderul time there. Maybe I will have to try to see it for myself someday.

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Blogger ANDREA said...

    I never visited the Mount Rushmore , but my dad tells that is not the big thing.
    I want to visit Mount Rushmore because it is a very important place.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home